2,000 years ago, God came to us as a child. When he felt hungry or cold or sick, all baby Jesus could merely cry, utterly dependent on the loving attention of two earthly first-time parents. In this act of ultimate humility and love, Jesus began His sacrificial mission to give the most hateful, ungrateful people the most beautiful, transformative gift: salvation.
This Christmas, you too can give a life-impacting gift through the GlobalFingerprints ministry, “…not only supplying the needs of the saints but…also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God” (2 Corinthians 9:12 ESV). Has God placed any of these areas of ministry on your heart?
- Program Expansion
- Bring hope to a new location. Your gift to the program fund supports church planting in unreached communities and provides church planters with the supplies necessary to launch new GlobalFingerprints sites. Give here (memo line GlobalFingerpring – 3881)
- Growth and Development
- We have established the GlobalFingerprints Growth and Development Fund to increase our capacity to reach the next 5,000 children. We are asking the Lord for $100,000 to enable us to meet this goal. If you feel the Lord nudging you to make a special year-end contribution to GlobalFingerprints, please consider giving to this fund here (memo line GlobalFingerpring – 3881)
- Continuing Education
- Education is a key step in breaking the cycle of poverty. Help young adults get the training they need to become independent and support their families with dignity. This includes vocational school, higher education, life skills training and more. You can give ot this fund here (memo line GlobalFingerprints-3868)
- Children with Special Needs
- Give a special gift to a special child. Beyond the all-too-common hardships of living in poverty, many children with physical or mental disabilities need specialized medical care, mobility aids, and daily assistance from caregivers. Promise Home provides a home for these amazing children, providing job training, access to medical assistance, and the hope of the Gospel. Support Promise Home here (memo line GlobalFingerprints-3854)
- Caring well for children means making sure care workers and other GlobalFingerprints staff are well-trained to care for the specific needs of the children. Whether that be trauma care, nutrition, child protection, and more, we desire to make sure GlobalFingerprints staff are well equipped. You can give help with ongoing training here (memo line GlobalFingerprints-3887).
- Child Sponsorship
- The core of our ministry is sponsorship, supporting an individual child’s spiritual, physical, and educational needs through the love of a local church. Meet the vulnerable child God is calling you to help here or text “sponsor” to 22999. Our goal is to sponsor 10,000 children, and we’re halfway there!
- Gift a Sponsorship
- Tis the season of giving and often it is the non-materialistic gifts that can hold more meaning. Did you know that you can now GIFT a child sponsorship to another person?
- To do so, you would head to https://app.globalfingerprints.org, select any child of your choosing, and complete our sponsorship registration form. You would take on any and all financial responsibility of the sponsorship, but your loved one would experience the joy of receiving updates on their child, learning about specific needs in their child’s country, and watching their child flourish in faith Your spiritual gift helps both you and your loved one walk in the will of God, and serve vulnerable children in need!
- Missional Kids
- Sponsorship is a great way to teach you kids about empathy, compassion, caring for others all while learning about what life is like for a child just like them on the other side of the world. Missional Kids a series of five guides that does just that. Sponsor a child in Liberia in December and we will send you all the of the guides to wrap and put under the tree!
God says we “will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way,” multiplying our gratitude to Him by giving to others who thank Him in turn (2 Corinthians 9:11 ESV). You can give directly to any of the above funds at efca.org or by mailing a check made out to “EFCA” with the appropriate memo line to:
Attn: Donor Services
901 East 78th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55420-1300
If postmarked by December 31st, 2022, your donation will be eligible for tax exemption.
Even if you can’t give financially this year, you can make a difference through your prayers for these children in need and those caring for them in the mission field. This is one way that, in the words of poet Christina Rosetti, we can give God our hearts:
What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart.